This is the operating system computers in Night Vale use.
- Amalthea: I heard what you said. I will go no further.
- Schmendrick: There is no choice. We have to go on.
- Amalthea: Don't let him change me. The Red Bull has no care for human beings. We may walk out past him and get away!
- Schmendrick: If we do that, then all the unicorns in the world will remain prisoners forever except one, and she will grow old and die.
- Amalthea: Everything dies! I want to die when you die. [to Liir] I am no unicorn, no magical creature. I'm human! And I love you. Don't let him! Liir! I will not love you when I am a unicorn!
- Liir: Amalthea, don't.
- Schmendrick: Then let the quest end here! I don't think I could change her back even if you wish it. Marry the prince and live happily ever after.
- Amalthea: Yes. That is my wish.
- Lirr: No. My lady, I am a hero. And heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. The quest will not simply be abandoned. Unicorns may go unrescued for a long time, but not forever. A happy ending cannot come in the middle of a story.
- Molly: But what if there isn't a happy ending?
- Schmendrick: There are no happy endings because nothing ends.
I know my fiance’s been having a tough time with her student teaching and work schedule, so I made her this post.
This is about how I look when I dance, so I figured she’d enjoy it a bit.